Human Resources Manager
Salary: $58,500 - $87,000
Title: Human Resources Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Advancement Finance & Admin
Date Posted: 04/11/2017
Position Information: Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Administration, the University Advancement Human Resources Manager functions as the primary HR professional for UA. In this capacity, the incumbent provides organizational leadership in implementing, resolving and handling a full range of HR-related issues. This position develops communication methods to ensure management and staff across the organization are properly trained and oriented to human resource practices, processes, and procedures. Analyzes, formulates, and recommends personnel actions to the AVC. Cover letter required.
Minimum Requirements: Takes initiative and evaluates trends to improve efficiency and effectiveness resulting in high quality performance in self and in the organization.
Possesses strong analytical, active listening and critical thinking skills.
Ability to work effectively with all levels within the University and develop informal, cooperative relationships among diverse multifunctional departments. High level interpersonal skills to interact with management level individuals throughout the College and the campus.
Has thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.
Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Knows the university's Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and other related business software programs and systems.
Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Is skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
Maintains a sense of urgency to complete high-priority actions and meets commitments
Has thorough knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources.
Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to speak in large or small groups effectively.
Knowledge of UC Personnel policies and bargaining contracts as it relates to personnel actions and decisions.
Experience with UC enterprise systems such as Payroll/Personnel System (PPS), UCRFS, or other on-line personnel/financial programs.
Experience in advocating for deep understanding and respect for the diversity of cultures, values, perspectives, and beliefs.
Previous experience in higher education setting, with an understanding of advancement and philanthropy.
Working knowledge of University administrative policies and procedures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview