EEG Technologist (Per Diem)
10% Part Time
$67,300 - $83,600
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of Inland Southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities.
Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org.
Under the general supervision of the director of epilepsy and clinic manager, the EEG Technologist provides expertise required for electroencephalograph testing, telemetry testing, evoked potential testing, brain map testing and surgical monitoring. Also provides long term video EEG monitoring, spinal cord monitoring and corticography. Assists with the instruction and education of EEG Technologists, students and in-house staff. Assists in a variety of duties, including. scheduling patients, ordering supplies and completing test result data. Able to monitor IOM cases or willing to learn intra-operative monitoring, which may include functional cortical mapping, WADA monitoring, ABR, facial nerve, EMG, SSEP, and all other modalities included in adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients. All delivered in a patient centric environment.
This is a per diem position. Current time demand is 4 to 8 hours per month with plans for expansion and increased hours within the next year. The primary practice setting is out-patient with future in-patient duties.
Please note: The classification title and salary range for this position are currently under review. The candidate will be placed on the anticipated salary range with a flat rate of $35.23/hour. The proposed title code for this position is covered under the AFSCME Patient Care Technical Unit Contract (EX).
Please note: UCR is implementing a new job classification system, Career Tracks, with effective dates of September 27, 2015 for non-exempt employees and October 1, 2015 for exempt employees. The payroll title for the position for which you have applied may change at the time of hire or on September 27, 2015 and October 1, 2015, respectively. This change will not impact job duties, responsibilities or a salary that has been offered. Please visit: http://hr.ucr.edu/salary/careertracks.html for further information.
1. Must possess current Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (R.EEG.T) and / or Registered Evoked Potential Technologist (R. EP T.) certification from American Board of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET).
2. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required by time of hire.
3. Must demonstrate ability to perform all phases of neurodiagnostic testing.
4. Possesses complete knowledge of physiological monitoring of patients intra-operatively, including ECG, blood pressure, and blood flow.
5. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgment and decision making.
6. Ability to monitor and mentor students and EEG technologists.
1. Current Certification for Neurophysiological Monitoring (CNIM).
2. Ability to perform intra-operative monitoring.
3. Knowledge of UC policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview