8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $84,400
Services as financial and administrative resource for UC MEXUS and various specific programs housed within the institute. Assist with long and short-range budget and vision planning to meet goals and objectives established by the institute. Analyze financial trends in all areas. Utilize budget records on shared programs to provide information and analysis as requested. Design and prepare reports/tables/graphs for presentation to management. Alert administrator to suggest and implement effective solutions. Manage the re-budgeting process for grants to assure compliance with agency-specific guidelines and UC policies and procedures. Bilingual skills essential, ability to work and communicate in both English and Spanish. In depth, thorough knowledge and understanding of Latin American business terms, culture, and methods.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to read, write, and speak in both English and Spanish languages.
Some knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills at all levels within the unit; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Ability to gather reasonably retrievable information, organizes, and performs basic financial analysis assignments.
Bilingual skills essential, ability to work and communicate in both English and Spanish. In depth, thorough knowledge and understanding of Latin American business terms, culture, and methods.
Working knowledge of UC grant funding requirements and procedures.
Advance knowledge and expertise with Microsoft Excel.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview