Administrative Research Assistant Senior
Assist Professor/Principal Investigator in administrative management of large federally-funded grant including oversight of multiple subcontracts (coordination with sponsored project office re: agreements, purchase orders, paying invoices, communicating with institutional contacts); coordinating with College of Medicine grants office to generate PI reports, monitor expenses, produce progress reports; work with departmental Business Office to oversee personnel assignments and procurement processes. Prepare and process complex research grant/contract proposals and grant progress reports including all accompanying forms and documentation for large research lab. Develop tables, charts, graphics, NIH bibliographies; edit/format and review applications/contracts for accuracy, completeness and compliance for competing renewals and progress reports with the guidelines of the University/relevant funding agency. Advise investigators of grant/contract rules, regulations and procedures. Serve as liaison between lab and Shared Services office. Oversee ordering, receiving and payment processes. Must be able to independently evaluate financial data from SAP and troubleshoot as necessary. Process paperwork for lab procard. Ensure that contractual financial requirements of sponsored projects, grants and contracts are met and financial aspects of projects are appropriately managed. Ensure financial documents and other documents involving sponsored projects are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
Administrative Research Assistant Senior
7H180:Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
No heavy lifting, primarily computer use.
Excel, MS Windows, SAP.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which best represents your years of experience using SAP?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe your role or experience with NIH and/or other sponsored projects applications and awards.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above