Assistant Community Manager
Do you enjoy working with people and in a team environment?
Are you bi-lingual in English/Spanish?
Do you have multi-family tax credit experience?
Then you will be perfect to join our management team in Round Rock TX!
We are looking for an outgoing, organized and friendly assistant manager to support the community manager in all aspects of property management and ensure the effective operation of the apartment community. The Assistant Manager is directly responsible for bookkeeping and administrative duties including the timely and professional collection of rent and other receivables as well as payments to suppliers and contractors, processing resident turnovers and meeting all financial management goals and objectives. The assistant manager assists in leasing and assumes a leadership role in the absence of the community manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Maintain excellent customer service, delighting resident with proactive service and quick, accurate response to inquiries and requests.
- Collect, post and deposit rental and other income within 24 hours of collection.
- Keep all lease files current and complete. Maintain dead files in proper condition.
- Prepare and deliver all delinquency, eviction, and three day notices to vacate.
- Review all lease files prior to move-in.
- Interface with resident to schedule renewals or move-outs.
- Conduct resident move-outs in accordance with state law and company standards
- Resolve resident complaints calmly and professionally and direct pertinent issues and matters to the community manager.
- Complete Statement of Deposit Accounts and Multi-Purpose Forms according to policy for corporate office.
- Update unit availability daily to provide accurate list of unit availability to the leasing staff
- Assist Leasing Consultant in leasing activity.
- Inspect vacant units and prepare security deposit refunds or charges. Inspect 30 day notices to vacate and begin collection procedures for damages.
- Post all vending commissions, Non Sufficient Funds checks, and other miscellaneous incomes/expenses.
- Assume Community Manager's responsibilities when not available.
- Maintain a resident retention plan by contacting lease renewals 60 days in advance and using Lease Expiration Reports for these purposes.
- Inspect community and report potential liability issues.
- Perform any and all duties called upon by supervisors to ensure that property operates in an efficient manner.
- Conduct and supervise monthly market studies. Assist in checking the study for accuracy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate and manage others
- A positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- A minimum two years experience in the multifamily industry, preferably as an assistant manager.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Present self in a neat and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Obtain Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- MRI experience an advantage.
- Nexus experience an advantage.
- Successfully pass a drug test.
- High school education or equivalent is required
- College degree an advantage
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions
This is a full time position and will include working alternate Saturdays.
Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job's functions.
Sandalwood Management is a privately owned real estate investment and management firm based in Austin, Texas. Since 1985, the company has provided great value, excellent service and a warm welcome to our apartment residents. Founded in Austin, Texas, the company has expanded across 11 states and now has more than 6,000 apartment homes in more than 50 communities. In addition to our residential offering, Sandalwood owns and manages more than 6 million square feet of retail and office space in the U.S. and Quebec, Canada.
Sandalwood Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CHOOSE A CAREER TO CHANGE THE WORLD
At Sandalwood, our vision is to make a meaningful difference in the lives of every resident and property owner. We can change people's lives for the better. And we do. We are a dynamic, boutique firm where each and every employee plays a crucial role in making our residents feel valued and at home, and our communities run smoothly and efficiently.
If you have a gift for making people feel special and want to work in a close-knit team where your opinions, ideas and actions not only matter, but are valued as the driving force towards continued prosperity, let's change the world together.
Sandalwood Management is a privately owned real estate investment and management firm based in Austin, Texas. Since 1985, the company has provided great value, excellent service and a warm welcome to our apartment residents. Founded in Austin, Texas, the company has expanded across 11 states and now has more than 6,600 apartment homes in more than 60 communities. In addition to our residential offering, Sandalwood owns and manages more than 6 million square feet of retail and office space in the U.S. and Quebec, Canada.
Round Rock, TX
Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:51:48 PDT