The Quality Technician will report directly to the Quality Manager. The Quality Technician must be able to work independently and with other technicians and supervisors to perform inspections on incoming and manufactured material. Responsible for carrying out the inspection and monitoring functions within the assigned area of the plant and compiling data obtained from these inspections into reports using computer based reporting systems, and ensuring all processes are operating within company and regulatory specifications.
Desire to perform at the highest level of competence and expedience at all times to insure the overall productivity and growth of the company.
The Quality technician will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Perform inspections on incoming materials and manufactured subassemblies as required.
• Stripping and disassembly of products returned for evaluation.
• Evaluate nonconforming products returned from the field.
• Identify the nonconformance issues on his / her own or with the assistance of the Quality Manager and Line Supervisors.
• Generate a CAR (Corrective Action Report) for all defective product and RMA's.
• Maintain an organized electronic filing system for the following systems:
- Corrective Action Reports
- Non-Conforming material (raw goods and subassemblies)
- Specific Plant or Vendor issues
- In plant measurement device calibrations
- Daily foam density testing results
Standard Work Instructions
• Assist in developing and publishing Standard Work Instructions.
• Perform routine department audits to insure the SWI are being adhered to.
• Report the results.
• Present a weekly report of non-conforming material for area of responsibility in the plant.
• Follow up weekly on CAR that has been instituted.
• Participate in and report at weekly quality meetings on areas of concern for responsible area of the factory.
• Maintain accurate inventory of items in the Quality work area by utilizing tools such as cycle counting. 5S Responsibilities
• Maintain a clean and organized QC area both inside and outside of the building utilizing 5S standard procedures.
• Communicate with the Maintenance Supervisor to maintain organization of the holding areas.
• Assist in tracking Factory scrap:
- Sort scrap into categories to maximize value
- Prepare scrap to be picked up by a scrap company
- If necessary create CAR to identify cause and eliminate scrap
• Report on the following:
- Line Scrap
- Non conformance
Incoming material found at production line
Production line assembly issues
• Department SWI audits
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and responsibilities but is not limited to:
A. Communicates with fellow workers and superiors to maintain quality.
B. Suggests production and quality improvement ideas to the Supervisor.
C. Assures tools and equipment are calibrated.
D. Responsible for housekeeping in assigned work areas.
E. Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by following company safety policies and procedures by wearing all safety personal protective equipment "PPE" to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
F. Other duties as assigned.
The following is a brief description of some of the processes in the technical expertise duties but is not limited to:
A. A basic understanding of the Quality policy and Quality procedures.
B. A basic understanding of Corrective Action policy and procedures.
C. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• High School Diploma or GED with technical training
• Microsoft office software applications
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively in all situations.
• Ability to relate nonconformance issues above and below within the organization
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
A. Language Skills - Ability to communicate within the working environment.
B. Mathematical Skills - Analysis
C. Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems
D. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - N/A
E. Physical Demands - Ability to reach and use arms, hands and fingers. Ability to hear and smell.
F. Weight Limitations - up to 75 lbs.
G. Vision Requirements - Close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
H. Work Environment - Moderate Noise Conditions. Work in ambient temperatures ranging from very cold to very hot.
I. Personal Protective Equipment - Ability to wear safety glasses, gloves, respirator if required and other job related personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
J. Work Schedule - Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Our goal is to match the highest skilled workers in the Greater New Bedford area and beyond to fit your temporary and permanent employment needs. We seek to place highly skilled individuals in positions best suited to their areas of expertise.
New Bedford, MA
Fri, 26 May 2017 08:50:38 PDT