Software Engineers research, design, test, implement and maintain software systems to meet customer or employer needs. They use a variety of computer programming languages and applications, working in teams with other IT professionals, or alone. Working hours are typically eight to five, but much longer hours are necessary as deadlines approach. Software Engineers are often required to be on call to deal with problems, which can involve evening and weekend work.
Candidates must be able to perform the following duties and hold the required experience in each level, in order to advance to the next level:
Low Level (Experience: 1-4 years)
- Software development on Windows platform, using Visual Studio 2008/2013
- Experience with Object-Oriented languages (C#, .NET, VB) required
- Experience with WinForms required, addition of WPF a plus
- SQL Server experience, designing tables and stored procedures
- Capable of working independently on deadline driven projects
- Evaluate, test, and document software developed for projects and standard products.
- Assist in the brainstorming and development of software used to control products.
- Train customers how to maintain and use installed hardware, products, and software
- Respond to customer trouble calls 24/7 and provide detail information on problems and results
- Capable of performing IT tasks i.e.: Computer setup, Network Configuration, and Software Installation.
- Experience in material handling a plus, with knowledge of hardware control devices
- Experienced using Source Control, SVN preferred
- Effective written and verbal skills communication skills
Mid-Level (Experience: 4-8 years)
• Experience: 1-4 plus the following:
• Design new software products using strong OO principles and practices
• Experience with web services, SOAP/REST a plus
• Work directly with customers to document project requirements
• Lead evaluation, testing, and documentation of software developed for projects and standard products.
• Lead in the brainstorming and development of software used to control products.
• Create training materials used to maintain and install hardware, products, and software.
• Manage controls/project engineers daily activities.
CCS is a leading provider of automated material handling and industrial automation solutions to customers around the country. Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide a full range of equipment, controls and software that helps customers address all aspects of their material handling and industrial automation needs.
We serve a wide variety of customers in the distribution, e-commerce, fulfillment, mail/parcel and government sectors. Our focus is always on the customer, and we take great pride in helping our customers realize their material handling goals.
Thu, 8 Jun 2017 07:08:59 PDT