Adjunct Instructor - Digital Media
Adjunct Instructor - Digital Media
Position Category: Faculty - Adjunct (Variable Hour)
The Adjunct Instructor in Digital Media will design and teach courses in a field of study. Plans and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Prepares instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Instructs, manages, and supervises individual and groups in classrooms, laboratories, and shops using appropriate teaching methods.
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of appropriate testing methods.
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education.
- Recommends students for advancement and graduation.
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
- Coordinates cooperative work experience programs and students as assigned.
- Assists counselors, department chairperson and or program coordinator, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program.
- Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned.
- Improves professionally and maintains currency in the courses taught by reading and utilizing materials found in trade, technical, and professional publications; Surveying and researching industrial and business establishments; Obtaining and maintaining certification and degrees as required; Attending professional and specialty courses; Keeping abreast of new development trends, and techniques.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the academic freedom and professional responsibility statement and adheres to these policies.
- Maintains desirable and safe laboratory, shop, and classroom conditions.
Graduation from an accredited business college with an associate of applied science degree in the subject matter or a closely related area and four years of teaching or closely related professional experience OR a minimum of six years’ experience in the Digital Media industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate field of study and thorough knowledge of counseling and advising techniques
- Knowledge of work experience programs (if appropriate for assignment).
- Skill in public speaking and report writing.
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
Standing, sitting, moving about a classroom continuously. Continual talking and listening and fine hand manipulation with the use of computer programs.
Pay Range: DOQ
Advertisement Number: FAC02217
Open Date: 06/08/2017
Review Start Date:
Close Date: 3/31/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Adjunct faculty are hired on an as needed basis for a semester appointment only. This position is posted on a continuous recruit basis. This means that applications are accepted even though there may not be a position currently available. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1090
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.