Assistant Professor Health Programs
Michigan State University College of Nursing invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in the Health Programs Faculty Appointment System. This is an annual year fixed term faculty position. The position in the College of Nursing holds responsibilities for maintaining a clinical practice with participation in the MSU Faculty Group Practice (HealthTeam); undergraduate and graduate level instruction and clinical supervision at on-campus and off-campus sites; scholarship related to practice and teaching; active involvement in the College of Nursing, MSU HealthTeam, University committees, and community service.
Doctorate -in Nursing or related field
- DNP or PhD in Nursing or related field is required.
- Current APRN national certification asFNP, PNP, PMHNP, or A/GNP primary care.
- Unrestricted RN license without probationary status (or eligible)
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in specialty area
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical practice experience as FNP or A/GNP
- Baccalaureate or higher faculty experience
- Prior teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level is highly desirable
Required Application Materials
Address letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references to: Dr. Anne Thomas, PhD, ANP-BC, GNP, FAANP, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Address letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references to: Dr. Anne Thomas, PhD, ANP-BC, GNP, FAANP, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Review of applications will begin f on June 23, 2017.
Summary of Health Risks
TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a health care setting or have potential exposure to animal
or specimens with Mycobacterium bovis. Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.