Nursing Instructor - Vocational
Nursing Instructor - Vocational
Salary: $62,370.76 - $80,800.55 annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: A17-34
Location: Both Liberal Arts Campus & Pacific Coast Campus, CA
Department: Nursing - Vocational
Closing: 7/20/2017 4:00 PM Pacific
Long Beach Community College District is currently seeking one (1) full-time tenure track Vocational Nursing Instructor commencing with the 2017 fall semester. The primary teaching assignment involves medical/surgical theory courses, work in the skills laboratory and teaching as a clinical instructor in the Vocational Nursing Program. This assignment also includes curriculum and program development, participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities assuming leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole; collaboration across disciplines and the leveraging of student support resources; and participation in ongoing professional development. The teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of Long Beach Community College District, with a clear, focused commitment to supporting teaching and academic excellence, and student learning and success through the work of Vocational Nursing.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in the discipline; OR, an Associate degree and six years of experience in the discipline; OR meet equivalent qualifications established by the District; OR meet the qualifications set by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT), whichever is higher, AND
- Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understand of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Current enrollment in a Master's of Nursing degree program.
- Educational and/or instructional preparation in medical/surgical.
- Evidence of an ability to address the instructional needs of a diverse and frequently underprepared student population taking a wide range of nursing courses
- Evidence of the ability to use a variety of teaching strategies that encourage retention while successfully challenging diverse student populations.
- Evidence of innovation, scholarship, or leadership in the teaching of clinical, simulation, nursing care of the medical/surgical.
- Evidence of participation in student success initiatives in post-secondary setting.
- Assume leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
- Commitment to serving the needs of the student, department, college, and community.
- Collaboration across disciplines and utilization of student support resources.
- Participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities.
- Participation in curriculum and program development.
- Work collegially and collaboratively within the college community.
- Participation in ongoing professional development.
- Ability to create a dynamic learning environment that values instructor/student interaction.
- Ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge of each individual and class.
- Ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidence-based assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to integrating new technologies into the learning process, including but not limited to interactive technologies for on campus and on-line courses.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Salary range of $62,370. - $80,800 is commensurate with academic preparation and experience. The District provides medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents and life insurance for the employee. Salary Schedule - 1 (Download PDF reader)
The deadline to apply is 4:00 p.m. PST, July 20, 2017. Application materials must be electronically submitted and materials uploaded by the applicant. Placement files/Interfolio will not be accepted. Only complete applications will be considered.
Complete Application Includes:
- A Long Beach Community College District Online Application.
- A cover letter outlining your education and experience relevant to this position.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Complete transcripts of ALL lower and upper division, and graduate level college/university course work with the degree conferral date shown (need not be official - as attachment). The conferral date must be on or before the position closing date and the school name must be visible.
- Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (NACES). NACES
- Applicants who do not meet the Statewide Minimum Qualifications for this discipline as cited Minimum Qualifications will need to consult the equivalency statement for the discipline at Equivalency Statement (Download PDF reader) and submit a Supplemental Equivalency Application (Download PDF reader)
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations in accordance with ADA should notify the Human Resources Office for assistance or call 562.938.4372.
President's Message College Facts (Download PDF reader)
THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
The community of Long Beach is a wonderful blend of big city and sea-side town. California's 5th largest city conveniently borders Los Angeles and Orange County and is known for its rich heritage celebrating the cultural arts, athletics, tourism, community and civic opportunities. Long Beach is a culturally diverse community of nearly 500,000 that was recently named one of the "100 Best Communities for Young People" by America's Promise.
The District contributes to medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents and life insurance for the employee.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lbcc/jobs/1763847/