Mechanical Liscensed Engineer $125k-$175k annual
We are looking for a Professional (licensed and registered) Engineer to join a team of construction professionals in designing, implementing and running the MEP team.
Some responsibilities may include defining custom solutions to challenging engineering problems with reference to the company's prior-art, to meet specific requirements of diverse project-based applications.
- Understanding the underlying physics of complex problems, carry out calculations to analyze problems and validate solutions, designing from first principles to initial concept.
- Estimate the likely cost to design, develop, manufacture and supply solutions and support our sales and engineering teams.
- Create feasible project schedules.
- Manage internal and third party design and development resources to manage risk and guarantee timely delivery of World Class engineering solutions.
- Originate ideas for design solutions based on sound engineering principles and with reference to the company's prior work, to meet specific requirements of diverse project-based applications.
- Develop and document outline designs using CAD.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering science and practice.
- Exceptional analytical and numerical competency for justifying designs by calculation.
- Thorough understanding of first principles and experience in applying these to real-world applications.
- Extensive experience working with clients to develop specifications, engineering solutions and schedules, and working as part of an integrated delivery team including sales, project managers, multi-disciplinary engineers, production and factory colleagues.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as take personal responsibility and work with minimal supervision.
- Wide experience of engineering design and project delivery encompassing large scale automation and capital projects through high precision, safety critical devices in a hands-on manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in 3D parametric modeling package(s).
- Educated to at least Bachelor's degree level (Engineering, Mathematics or Physics strongly preferred), or equivalent.
- Attention to detail and an ability to see the wider context of project work.
- Flair for translating creatively-led requirements into technically robust practical engineered solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to liaise with others at all levels in the company and with customers and suppliers.
- Strong work ethic and focus on delivery.
- Willingness for occasional extended working hours and global travel.
- Chartered or Professional Engineer.
- Familiarity with published engineering design standards.
- Familiarity with Catia for 3D modeling and documentation.
- Experience with mechanical systems in most buildings - structural design, automation, small and large scale capital projects, power transmission, drives and controls.
- Exposure to both manufacturing and construction-industry practices, including factory and site work.
- An aptitude for hands-on engineering demonstrated through work or personal activities.
- Expertise in one or more of: structures, commercial, hospitals, educational, industrial power transmission, motor drives and controls.
A qualified candidate must effectively manage client relationship. This position will require that the candidate contribute in project Alliance meetings with Owner Architect Contractor (OAC), work closely with other superintendents and report progress to project staff PM staff on all field activities.
Sun, 4 Jun 2017 08:13:30 PDT