Sportsy is looking for an innovative, experienced iOS engineer who likes to work in a fast-paced environment. You'll be joining a small development team to build our iOS product and evolve it over time.
Sportsy is changing the way athletes train and coaches coach through our ground breaking mobile training and education platform for sports. You will be building next generation video (recording and delivery), social, gamification and training products.
- Build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Write clear and concise comments
- Provide level of estimates for features, bug fixes and upgrades
- Research and share industry innovations and trends
- Analyze requirements, wireframes and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions
- Ship quickly and consistently
- 3+ Years iOS development experience
- Knowledge with Swift
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Expert in Objective-C, Core Services, Media and Cocoa Touch frameworks, developer tools, and workflows (both manual memory management and ARC, debugging, profiling, unit testing, continuous integration, provisioning, distributing and submission to the App Store)
- MVC / OO programming paradigms
- Expert understanding of networking, local data caching and multitasking on iOS
- Expert understanding of In-App purchases
- Experience in delivering / playing video through the mobile device
- Experience with push notifications
- Experience in solving complex flow and code architecture
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Intimately familiar with iOS design patterns and coding conventions as well as Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
- Solid experience with commonly used 3rd party libraries and services (e.g. KissMetrics and Urban Airship)
- Git version control
- RESTful web services integration
- Experience working on small to medium-sized teams
- Released or worked on an open source application
- Experience with building Swift projects
- Development experience with other mobile platforms (e.g. Android)
- Infrastructure management and setup
- Experience leading projects and overseeing other iOS developers
- Python experience
- MongoDB experience
- Reveal Experience
- appledoc Experience
- Unix/shell/Bash scripting
Tools We Use
- XCode (or AppCode)
- TestFlight (or Apple Beta Testing)
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
- You care about building things that people love
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaboratively with the product, design and development team
- Flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes
- Strong personal organization and attention to detail
- Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate
- Ability to work in an agile environment
We are made up of a team of entrepreneurs, misfits and rule breakers. Innovation is in our blood. We live for challenges, embrace the difficult and solve the problems most in need of solutions. We build products that impact lives and wow our clients.
Playa Vista, CA
Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:09:37 PDT