Head Women''''''''s Lacrosse Coach
Applicants with experience in coaching Field Hockey will be preferred.
This will be a full-time position within the athletic department.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Coaching responsibilities to include; instructing students on sport fundamentals, setting goals, setting clear expectations, and providing feedback to students
• Demonstrate teaching and coaching competencies with regards to skill instruction and tactical strategies
• Motivation and ability to conduct daily instruction and practice sessions
• Design and execute a competitive schedule
• Monitor and provide input and instruction regarding the strength and conditioning program for the team
• Program budget management
• Organize team travel arrangements including meals, hotels, and transportation
• The willingness to work with the women's lacrosse program on annual planning and promotions
• Participate in department wide and sport specific fundraising efforts
• Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan to include recruiting qualified collegiate student-athletes
• Provide leadership in the personal, academic, and athletic development of student-athletes
• Monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes to ensure they are meeting academic course requirements and providing guidance and instruction to students to ensure success
• Monitoring the conduct of the student-athletes and teaching athletes to work together; develop written team expectations
• Supervise and utilize assistant coaches
• Implement the basic principles and policies of the athletic governing bodies (NCAA / NAC / ECAC) and Husson University
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required, Master's degree preferred
Experience: Two years successful coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level, head coaching experience preferred, and the ability to work successfully in a highly competitive Division III environment. Coaching licenses, certifications, and badges preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Working knowledge of coaching both field players and goalkeepers. The ability to work with Front Rush recruiting software, and the ability to create film sessions with both individual members of the team and the full team.
Experience coaching Field Hockey preferred.
Must also possess the skills to function well in a variety of roles that interact positively with the administration, faculty, coaching staff, student-athletes and other on-campus and off-campus communities.
The normal work environment includes outdoor weather conditions on a daily basis with regard to both practices and games.