Instructional Technologist (Brightspace/Course Management Systems)
The Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching (CFT) is seeking applicants for an Instructional Technologist position. This position will support faculty, students, and staff at Vanderbilt to enhance student learning through the use of Brightspace, Vanderbilt’s course management system, and other online learning platforms. The Instructional Technologist will report to the CFT’s Assistant Director for Educational Technology and work collaboratively with senior and support staff at the CFT, as well as others involved in supporting teaching at the university.
The CFT was founded in 1986 and currently has eleven full-time staff members and four graduate student fellows. The CFT offers a variety of professional development programs and opportunities for faculty and graduate students at Vanderbilt, and is the administrative home for Brightspace at Vanderbilt. The work of the Instructional Technologists will be integrated with and supported by the ongoing work of the CFT.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Providing afternoon and evening frontline technical and pedagogical support for instructors and students using Brightspace and related technologies;
- Educating instructors about features available in Vanderbilt’s course management system through online, on-demand resources and in-person sessions;
- Coordinating and collaborating with other campus units involved in educational technology, particularly online learning platforms;
- Supporting instructor and student involvement in piloting new online learning platforms and platform features;
- Keeping informed on current and emerging course management system technologies, including Vanderbilt’s, and other online learning platforms;
- Other duties as assigned.
When applying, please provide the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you’re interested in the position and how your experiences, skills, and interests fit the above description;
- Your resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Basic Qualifications Job requires Associate's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.