Construction Project Manager
An immediate opening is available for a Construction Project Manager at a Commercial Retail Development company currently operating in Georgia, Florida and North Carolina.
This position will be responsible for management and coordination of multiple retail construction projects in order to successfully execute project delivery to various National tenants. Work load will average in the range of four to eight simultaneous projects in both the preconstruction and construction stages. This position's primary responsibility will be ensuring budget, schedule and quality objectives are achieved.
• Directly responsible for managing all aspects of commercial development with the ability to make decisions in the best interest of owner/developer and/or the general contractor. This includes scheduling, sub-contractor coordination, quality control and material orders.
• Directly responsible for developing and analyzing bid packages, specifications, scope of works and bidder qualifications in order to alleviate change orders and complete projects on time and within budget.
• Directly responsible for project staff management including Project Coordinator, Superintendent and Sub-Contractors.
• Provide project assistance for other managers in their absence or as needed.
• Appropriately Report issues to all levels of management.
• Responsible for managing the permitting of all assigned projects.
• Responsible for plan reviews and assisting with plan development.
• Onsite supervision and quality assurance.
Other Job Responsibilities
• Assure subordinates adhere to the company's policies and procedures.
• Provide reports as needed.
• Collaborate with various levels of management and team members to develop project budgets, scopes of work, schedules, procedures and systems to maintain and/or increase the company's production and reputation.
• Ensure effective administration of defined processes and programs.
• Manage resources in combination with up to four other project managers to allow uninterrupted schedules across all companywide projects.
• Maintain a firm understanding of expectations and standards to ensure accurate and consistent project deliveries.
• Provide assessment and recommendations to better the processes used and products delivered.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must possess a four year degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related profession. Equivalent experience may be considered.
• Knowledge in building and site construction, plan review, contract administration, scheduling and quality control.
• Five years of experience in the construction field with at least two years in a project management role.
• Strong team player attitude with excellent communication skills and ability to present information to small or large groups.
• Must possess the ability to develop, plan and direct relationships with Sub-Contractors, Project Coordinators, Superintendents and other Project Managers.
• Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with experience in Microsoft Project or other scheduling software.
• Ability to independently manage projects and develop/suggest solutions to critical situations or complex problems that may arise.
• Must possess proven influencing skills.
• Ability to travel up 25-40% of the time with an average of one night per week on the road with more possible as demand requires.
• Position requires ability to stand and walk on uneven ground, climb ladders, perform light lifting, be in extreme heat or cold as well as an office environment.
Company Offered Benefits
• Paid vacation days
• Paid sick days
• Health Insurance contributions
• 401(K) plan with employer contribution and profit sharing potential
Candidates meeting the above qualifications and interested in a demanding yet rewarding job opportunity please submit your resume.
Thu, 8 Jun 2017 13:28:30 PDT