Associate Director, Transfer Services
Associate Director, Transfer Services
Bridgewater State University welcomes approximately 1500 transfer students each year. The Transfer Center is committed to helping students transition with ease by providing students with the tools and resource needed to foster student success and provide students with the maximum benefits available to them in transfer.
The Associate Director of Transfer Services serves as a key liaison with partnering institutions to advance the mission of creating a pathway from community college to Bridgewater State University and bachelor's degree completion.
Under the leadership of the Director of Transfer Services, the position will lead/drive the BSU Community College Initiative, foster a welcoming transfer culture and increase transfer rates including those of under-represented populations. The Community College Initiative will provide the collaboration framework through which institutions will identify and focus resources on meeting the workforce needs of the Commonwealth. This position will ensure compliance with the Commonwealth Commitment, A2B Academic Pathways and Reverse Transfer programs developed by the Department of Higher Education, as well as other Bridgewater State University articulated programs. Due to the nature and scope of the responsibilities, this person will perform their duties at BSU and on the various Community College campuses. In addition, occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
This is an exempt, APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Transfer Services
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Position Type: APA Professional
• Provide leadership and work collaboratively with partnering institutions, including Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College and Massasoit Community College, to develop, coordinate and supervise enrollment initiatives, programs and events.
• Organizes all matters relating to managed collaborations with community colleges and active participation with the Steering Committee to discuss and develop implementation strategies.
• Work with the Director of Transfer services to administer, develop and implement and/or interpret Bridgewater State University and community colleges admissions policies and procedures to ensure students a seamless admissions process.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with senior leadership, faculty and staff at BSU and community colleges to develop relevant academic and enrollment programs.
• Serve as a public relations and information resource to prospective students, parents and regional partnerships to promote an understanding of the various Community College Initiatives benefits.
• Working under limited supervision, the position is responsible for maintaining a high level of knowledge regarding admissions process and policies, financial aid, academic programs, and student services programs with a special emphasis on transfer student options.
• Discuss transfer credits, evaluate credentials to determine admissibility and advise community college transfer students pre and post on their responsibilities under each program.
• Act as a liaison to academic and student services departments relevant to transfer issues
• Work with advisors at partnering community colleges to identify transfer students early in their educational career by providing services that complement and reinforce the student’s educational program or career goals and to ensure transfer information is accurate.
• Advise/Educate students individually and in a group setting at both Bridgewater State University and the Community Colleges on education regarding initiatives and programs ensuring compliance with statewide transfer agreements.
• Support the success of students with access challenges into the campus community by creating and hosting services and programs in accessible formats where possible and appropriate. Be prepared to use alternative formats such as evening and weekend times, and using technology such as online or distance delivery.
• Develop and implement a communication plan for recruitment, retention, and student success of transfer students, including social media and websites.
• Work with the Office of Institutional Research and Office of Assessment to collect and analyze meaningful transfer data, prepare reports, and evaluate program effectiveness based on relevant data.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree or an equivalent in education, student personnel, counseling or other closely related degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in the areas of transfer students, academic advising, community colleges, and/or delivery of academic support services.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Good interpersonal skills are essential.
• Ability to analyze credentials of candidates for admission and to interpret test data and prediction indices of prospective students.
• Knowledge of higher education principals, practices, and procedures is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse student population.
• Demonstrated ability to work in stressful situations required. Position requires sensitivity to human concerns, flexibility, patience, professional integrity, and a concern for the needs in a demanding academic context.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with senior leaders, faculty, staff, student, parents and community partners.
• This position requires travel between Bridgewater State University Campuses and Community College campuses. This position maintains a heavy presence on the community college campuses.
• Must be able to work evening and weekends in effort to support the goal of student success from Community Colleges to Bridgewater State University.
• Experience using DegreeWorks and Banner
• Ability to implement a variety of technological solutions in the delivery of academic advising services is critically important.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $70,000 to $75,000
Posting Number: S00207P
Open Date: 05/30/2017
Close Date: 7/1/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/7220
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.