Assistant Athletic Director for NCAA Compliance
The University of Mary, an NCAA DII institution and member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) invites applications for a full-time, exempt Assistant Athletic Director for NCAA Compliance professional. The Assistant Athletic Director for NCAA Compliance will provide guidance to the U Mary community with regard to NCAA and conference rules, regulations and standards which mandate integrity and fair play in athletics. The University of Mary sponsors 17 varsity sports, eight men's and nine women's, and has claimed numerous individual and national championships.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide assistance to the Athletic Director to educate, support, monitor, and enforce NCAA, NSIC and U Mary rules and regulations.
- Direct, monitor and manage the certification of initial eligibility and continuing eligibility in regards to practice, financial aid and competition working closely with the Faculty Athletic Representative, admissions, registrar, and financial aid staff.
- Coordinate all facets of the National Letter of Intent program, and departmental grant-in-aid offers to prospective student-athletes, as well as monitoring all aspects of student-athlete financial aid.
- Manage the coordination and implementation of an effective athletic compliance monitoring system. This includes playing and practice seasons, recruiting, amateurism, etc.
- Approve prospective student-athlete official visits and monitor all official and unofficial prospective student-athlete visits.
- Monitor student athlete academic performance and distribute each semester.
- Develop and maintain all department files of current and potential SA's and submit all regular reports to accrediting agencies.
- Investigate and report any and all violations of NCAA and conference legislation to appropriate entities.
- Flexibility, efficiency and the ability to meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments.
- Must have knowledge of and a commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and U Mary rules and regulations.
- Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes.
- Be a productive member of the senior athletic administrative team.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, coaches, student athletes, and faculty and community members.
- Assist with athletic department game and event management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position reports to the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management or related field
- Minimum 2 semesters or 1 calendar year experience working in NCAA Compliance through an internship, graduate assistantship, or full-time employment at an NCAA Division I or II institution or the NCAA National Office.
- Excellent Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students, coaches, faculty and staff.
- Able to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with flexible schedules that includes travel. Night and weekend hours are expected.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Athletics and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict's admonition that all be received as Christ.
- Advanced Degree in Sports Management or related field
- Experience with CAi
- Experience with LSDBi and/or other NCAA systems or software (NCAA RSRO online)
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic institution that offers a wide selection of accredited undergraduate and graduate degree programs, delivered at our main campus in Bismarck, North Dakota, as well as via online and evening programs convenient for any schedule. At about half the average tuition of American private colleges or universities, the University of Mary is also one of the most affordable private universities in the nation. In the Benedictine tradition, we emphasize the values of service and community in every facet of education, and our students are enriched by opportunities to give back. We welcome students of all faiths from all over the world.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer