Undergraduate Nursing Adjunct Faculty - Gerontology
The University of Mary Nursing Division seeks qualified applicants for an adjunct teaching position in the undergraduate nursing program to teach an upper division 4 credit gerontology course during the spring 2018 academic semester. The successful candidate will have a strong ability and desire to teach as well as experience in long-term care. Responsibilities include classroom instruction and clinical supervision of students enrolled in a geriatrics course. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidates will understand, support, and advance the liberal arts, excel in teaching, and promote the program to the community at large. All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
- Minimum of a MSN, doctoral degree preferred. Candidates may be considered if they are currently enrolled in a graduate nursing program and will complete within 4 years
- Current Unencumbered license in the state of North Dakota
- Meet criteria as set forth by the NDBON
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching portfolio (if available), official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and at least three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer