Assistant Professor - Computer Science #182759
Mathematics and Computer Science is known for its engaged teaching and learning. Our two semester capstone project course is an important focus of the Computer Science program. More information about the Computer Science program is available at cs.wcu.edu.
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Western Carolina University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Science to begin August 2017. Duties include teaching, scholarship, and service. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by May 3, 2017 will receive full consideration.
Minimum Training & Experience Requirements:
Successful applicants will be expected to teach a variety of undergraduate courses in computer science, maintain an active program of scholarship, and provide service to the department and institution. A typical teaching load is three courses per semester.
A doctorate in computer science or a closely related field from an appropriately accredited institution must be completed by the start date.
Dedication to undergraduate education, potential for continued scholarship, and commitment to service are expected. Evidence of excellent teaching is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted online. NO HARD COPY AND NO EMAIL APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
In order to give careful consideration to all applicants, please follow the guidelines below carefully.
Required Materials (to be uploaded):
1. A cover letter which specifically addresses why the applicant is interested in a position at Western Carolina University.
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. Contact information (including email addresses and phone numbers) for 3-4 professional references who would be willing to provide a recommendation if asked.
4. Graduate transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the review stage).
5. A statement about the candidate’s teaching.
6. A statement about the candidate’s scholarship.
For more information, please contact Scott Barlowe, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-227-3948.