Temporary Nurse Practitioner
Temporary Family Nurse Practitioner
Job Summary: Haverford College seeks to hire a temporary, part time (24 hours per week), non-exempt Family Nurse Practitioner to; provide primary healthcare, health screenings, assessment and management of the college adolescent/young adult population; provide teaching and counseling to students in relation to the maintenance of general health, travel health, risk reduction, sexual health, sexuality, prevention of sexually transmitted illnesses, birth control, self-management of common health problems, and assumption of responsibility for healthful life styles. This position will run from August through October, 2017.
- Provide Primary Care Services to college students, health teaching and wellness promotion, and treat episodic illness
- Provide health screenings, lab/blood draw, immunization and travel health, management of college students /young adult population with chronic illness and episodic illness.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in the state of Pennsylvania
- Graduate of an approved Nurse Practitioner Program
- Member of a professional Nurse Association
- Must possess up-to-date immunizations
- Maintain Malpractice Insurance per state regulations
- Possess or, ability to obtain Proof of Child Safety Training/Child Abuse Clearance
- Attendance at annual trainings on universal precautions, blood borne pathogens, and TB prevention
- Current CPR certification.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Never
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Never
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures):Never
To Apply: Interested candidates should apply by providing a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references online at https://forms.haverford.edu/view.php?id=440664.
To receive full consideration, please apply by Friday, June 23, 2017.
Haverford College has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the academic program, lived experience, and composition of the College community. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will contribute to the College’s educational mission.
Haverford College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.