Student Teaching Program Director
The University of Mary is seeking qualified candidates for the Student Teaching Program Director Position that is currently open in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences. This position is a 12-month full-time faculty rank position that includes teaching and administrative responsibilities at both the undergraduate and graduate programs. This position is directly responsible to the Chair of the Department of Education and officially begins in the fall of 2017.
The Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences offers undergraduate programs in education, psychology, social work, and criminal justice, along with graduate programs in education, clinical mental health counseling, school counseling, and addiction counseling. The Undergraduate Education Program has a total enrollment of approximately 200 students and the Graduate Education Program has an annual enrollment of approximately 175 students.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Placement of preservice teachers in appropriate student teaching placements in K-12 schools
- Administration of student teaching contracts and training for cooperating teachers
- Administration and organization of student teacher seminars and student teacher assessment day
- Hiring, training, and mentoring of adjunct University Supervisors for the Student Teaching Program
- Collaborating with school districts to build strategic partnerships for student teachers
- Teaching undergraduate courses (face-to-face and/or online) in the Undergraduate Education Program
- Teaching graduate courses (face-to-face and/or online) in the Graduate Education Program
- Advising undergraduate and graduate education students to completion of their degree(s)
- Assisting the Department of Education Program Chair and Directors with program coordination, development, and accreditation
- Assisting the Department of Education Program Directors with program development and other task, as assigned
- All roles and responsibilities associated with a full-time faculty appointment, including scholarship, dissertation and thesis committee assignments, and service to the school and institution
- Miscellaneous academic duties, as assigned by the Department of Education Chair and the Chair for Graduate Education
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
- Earned doctorate in education or related discipline from an accredited program
- Successful higher education undergraduate and graduate teaching experience preferred
- Licensed or license-eligible in North Dakota for teacher licensure
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications will be accepted until 7/15/2017 or until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Student Teaching Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly