Assoc. Dir. and Coordinator of Parent and Family Programs
The Associate Director, under the supervision of the Director of Student Involvement, assists with providing leadership and direction for a multifaceted Student Involvement program. Responsibilities include coordinating student leadership development programs and initiatives, overseeing all aspects of parent programming including new initiatives and assessment of current programs, supervising the Assistant Director for community service/social justice/service learning programs, leading efforts around graduate student involvement and assisting with the New Student Orientation Program. Pratt's Student Involvement program reflects a strong student development perspective, a commitment to co-curricular student involvement, an appreciation for and encouragement of diversity and an ethic of care.
- Leadership Development: Work with Assistant Director to create a comprehensive leadership program. This includes sharing responsibility for the Student Leadership Awards selection process and ceremony, serving as advisor to the Student Leadership Council and sharing responsibility for oversight of monthly leadership workshop series, leadership retreat, and leadership conference.
- Supervision: Directly supervise one-two professionals. This includes regular evaluations, one on one meetings, and assistance with professional development.
- Family Weekend: Responsible for all aspects of Family Weekend, from invitations, to coordinating tours, workshops, and activities, to execution of event.
- Family Communications: Edit and publish the Parent and Family Handbook and Calendar, routinely communicate with parents over email and Facebook, manage the Parent Facebook page and website, publish the Parent Newsletter. Publish Commencement Guide for parents of graduating students.
- Pratt Manhattan Campus: supervise a full time professional at the Manhattan campus whose purpose is to build community (2018).
- Graduate Student engagement: Lead efforts to engage graduate students in campus community. This would include coordinating graduate student orientation, graduate student organizations and graduate student life.
- New Student Orientation: Coordinate and manage recruitment, selection and training of Orientation Leaders and Orientation Coordinators. Assist with supervision of Student Orientation Coordinators. Help oversee execution of New Student Orientation Program, particularly Parent Orientation.
- Commencement Speaker Selection: Oversee all aspects of the Commencement Speaker Selection process. Recruit applicants, select committee members, set selection criteria.
- Other Divisional Responsibilities: Assist with Graduation Fair and Commencement Ceremony, attend Divisional Meetings, fill in for Director where needed.
Education: Master's Degree, preferably in the field of Student Affairs.
Experience: 5-7 years of professional experience the field of student affairs. Experience in art and design education preferred. Knowledge of parent and family programming a plus.
Knowledge and Skills: Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Event planning skills and supervisory experience a plus. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff, faculty, and students from diverse backgrounds, as well as foster development of positive environment for diversity and inclusion.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE