Event and Employer Outreach Specialist (P/T Grant funded), CPRN10578BTEC
Coordinate events for the Disability Employment Initiative project, as well as, conduct employer outreach for events, internships and job shadow opportunities.
Position Title: Event and Employer Outreach Specialist (P/T Grant funded), CPRN10578BTEC
Duties of Position:
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate all aspects of the DEI project events.
- Utilize all necessary systems for scheduling events.
- Coordinate all services and technical needs of the each event, including sound, lighting, audio/visual, room set up and food.
- Provide event details to marketing and communication so that appropriate press releases, printed materials, and electronic communication are created.
- Coordinate distribution of materials to all D502 high schools, regional Centers and Community partners.
- Conduct outreach to employers to find speakers for events, and hosts for internship sites and job shadow sites.
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork has been completed for internship sites.
- Track all information for events, internships and job shadows in multiple tracking systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 yrs in event planning/coordination of events or employer outreach and an understanding of the 16-24 population.
EDUCATION: Two years of college or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3-4 yrs in event planning/coor. of events or employer outreach and an understanding of the 16-24 pop.
EDUCATION: 4 years of college of equivalent experience.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, fax machine, copier, multi-line telephone.
Office environment, 50% local travel.
Department: Business & Technology - BTBUS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt