Financial Systems Analyst (F/T), CFRE31408FINO
Coordinates system modifications and preparation of system reports with IT. Acts as a liaison between IT and Finance. Prepares financial and ad hoc reports and datamining extracts. Supports various aspects of payroll, accounts payable, and other accounting operations.
Position Title: Financial Systems Analyst (F/T), CFRE31408FINO
Duties of Position:
- Works with IT and Finance staff on the design, programming, management and maintenance of the various financial systems of the College. Trouble shoots problems with the financial system applications.
- Serves as functional-technical resource and project coordinator for financial systems projects.
- Works with staff to coordinate and manage all technical aspects of the finance office systems projects.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the College's financial accounting system and financial reporting system; establishes and maintains system security for the financial accounting and reporting systems; establishes and maintains system security for the financial accounting and financial reporting systems; leads system implementation, upgrade and conversion projects.
- Identifies, analyzes, and implements processes to maximize utilization of the financial accounting and financial reporting systems College-wide; designs, maintains, and makes available accounting system reports, and reports and specialized financial system information as needed for decision-making and analysis.
- Prepares various ad hoc financial reports for department.
- Performs complex datamining from College's Colleague and Hyperion databases to provide data needed for various financial analysis projects.
- Analyzes and seeks to automate manual processes in department.
- Identifies system deficiencies and problem solves for implementation of solutions.
- Special projects as assigned by the Manager of Accounting Operations and Financial Systems.
- Process maps various business functions.
- Reconciles system interfaces and update to general ledger.
- Prepares policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Three to five (3-5) years in financial systems and thorough knowledge of SQL including datamining with SQL. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and ad-hoc reporting software.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related degree.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Calculator, phone, personal computer.
General office environment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Department: Financial Affairs & Controller - FIN
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt