Admissions Student Ambassador
The Student Admissions Ambassador at JCCC is responsible for providing a welcoming environment to prospective students and community guests that visit campus. The Admissions Ambassadors will work as part of a team of students and recruitment staff to provide quality tours and informed answers. The Admissions Ambassador is a highly visible student employee who will have a vast array of knowledge about the Student Services and Engagement division along with academic and support programs across campus to provide accurate information to visitors. The Admissions Ambassadors will be a part of a collaborative recruitment department that supports co-workers by utilizing available computer systems and technology to maintain accurate databases and information for reporting purposes.
1. DELIVER QUALITY CAMPUS VISITS - Provide a welcoming and engaging environment that caters to the needs and propels the prospective students to enroll at JCCC by working closely with student services and academic departments on campus to ensure a successful connection and superior visit to campus is presented and maintained.
- Comprehensive individual tours are provided in a detailed and personalized manner.
- Group tours are customized to suit the needs of the visiting organization.
- Large campus events are supported through positive interactions that could include: student panels, tours, and individual contacts.
- Detailed requests via web, phone, email, and walk-in for each visit are obtained and handled.
- Intentional connections are developed and maintained to compel the prospective student to enroll at JCCC.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES - Work as a part of a collaborative recruitment team that supports prospective student development and relationships with academic and support services across the college. Deliver extensive knowledge of JCCC in a precise and informed manner to prospective student inquiries and on campus personnel.
- Accurate and detailed information is acquired and recorded.
- Extensive knowledge of JCCC departments along with academic and support programs is acquired and expanded upon to ensure prospective students are provided comprehensive information about opportunities available at JCCC.
- Phone calls, emails, web requests and written correspondence are recorded and followed up with in a timely manner.
- Efforts are made to ensure positive relationships are created and maintained with JCCC faculty and staff along with high schools and community organizations.
- JCCC computer systems are implemented and utilized for recruitment efforts.
- A successful candidate will have completed a minimum of a high school diploma and completed a minimum of 12-credit hours at JCCC with a 2.5 or higher GPA.
- The student will remain enrolled in at least 12-credit hours at JCCC.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment required. Public speaking, experience working with the public and customer service experience preferred.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, , United States
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, hours will vary
Submit resume and cover letter