Head Swimming Coach-WVU Beckley
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a self-motivated and driven Head Men's and Women's Swimming Coach for the new WVU Beckley campus. This position will report to the WVU Tech Athletic Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects associated with a collegiate men's and women's swimming programs. Work in this position will primarily focus on the development of student-athletes and work will occur at the WVU Beckley campus and the YMCA in Beckley.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Manage all aspects associated with a NAIA Division I or NCAA Division II men's and women's swimming program and participate in all departmental meetings.
- Prepare NAIA and/or NCAA institutional scholarship award forms and submit signed contracts for scholarships.
- Evaluate talent in current and prospective student-athletes.
- Organize and conduct a strength and conditioning program.
- Provide compliance director with freshman and returning player's information to complete eligibility form.
- Coordinate team meetings, athletic study halls, strength and conditioning work outs, etc.
- Monitor academic progress, retention rates and graduation rates in the swimming programs.
- Oversee and manage conduct of swim team members.
- Remain current and adhere to all institutional, NCAA and/or NAIA rules.
- Follow state and University requirements to manage annual inventories, prepare for equipment purchases, and coordinate travel arrangements/expenses.
- Work with outside groups for fundraising to receive funds for athletics and the swim programs.
- Recruit quality student-athletes meeting criteria established by the Athletic Administration.
Date of Appointment: Immediate
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately
WVU Tech is a regional division of the West Virginia University system and is located in Beckley, West Virginia. It boasts a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, allowing personalized attention in a supportive environment. WVU Tech is ranked first in the state for return on investment, and seventh in the nation in annual ROI for students paying in-state tuition. The campus is near state and national parks and numerous recreational opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two (2) years of collegiate swimming performance experience and/or one (1) year of successful swim coaching experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration, athletic department staff, students and the Director of Athletics
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Background check
- Valid driver's license required to transport student-athletes
- Life Guard Certification
- CPR and First Aid Certification
To apply: Candidates should visit: http://hr.wvutech.edu/employment_opportunities
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.