About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-053
Posting Start Date: 6/8/2017
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $44,335 - $55,298
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities: The HVAC Supervisor is responsible for the daily control of all mechanical equipment of the College. The incumbent will be responsible for the distribution of work, the maintenance of HVAC systems, estimating, repairs and capital improvement projects. The HVAC Supervisor will implement procedures and methods to improve the quality of work performed by the technicians in compliance with the State regulations and procedures. This position must be HVAC /certified and licensed to work independently in the State.
An (HVAC Supervisor) is responsible for the:
- Serves as a working supervisor for an HVAC zone or specialty unit, responsible for directing the day to day operations of HVAC mechanics providing service to HVAC systems;
- Inspects completed job assignments for adherence to trade standards;
- Prepares estimates of time, labor and materials to be used on assigned tasks; compares cost of completed jobs with original cost estimates;
- Ensures operational readiness and safety of work areas, tools, and equipment; conducts routine inspections; performs routine repairs and maintenance on equipment and tools;
- Works closely with architecture, engineering, design, construction and/or operations and maintenance staff for coordination of work.
Employees in this classification receive supervision from (Director of Facilities Management and Planning).
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in any combination of air conditioning, refrigeration, temperature control, steam fitting, stationary engineering, plumbing, or heating trades;
- Three (3) years of the experience must include supervisory responsibilities of journey level mechanics within the listed trades;
- DLLR License;
- Board of Stationary Engineers;
- Certificate of First Grade Stationary Engineer;
- EPA Certified;
- Valid motor vehicle license
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience within an institution of Higher Education
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.