Adjunct Faculty, Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
General Statement of Job
To instruct students in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography courses in accordance with college policies and procedures.
Location Round Rock Campus Hours As assigned; evening hours may be required. Salary Salary is assigned according to the Adjunct Faculty Salary Scale. FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Department Chair, DMI-Sonography Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Effective teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Knowledge of effective instructional techniques and innovative modes of course delivery adaptable to a variety of learning styles.
- Understanding the comprehensive mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Subject matter and related and/or relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline.
- Sensitive issues relating to a diverse student body.
- Principles and practices associated with Servant-Leadership.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Perform the essential functions of the job and the technical standards as outlined by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (www.sdms.org/career/career.asp).
- Working cooperatively with colleagues.
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills including use of tact and discretion and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintains professional competencies in the subject area and currency in instructional methodologies through professional associations and professional development.
- Effectively assisting student learning.
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Being punctual for classes and office hours. Faculty assignments may include days and evenings.
- Maintaining and established schedule, including evenings and weekends, including possible multiple campus locations, which may vary by semester.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online resources, and other technologies for the classroom and online learning as well as to develop and build course content and perform administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, grades, etc.).
Required Work Experience
- Three years non-teaching clinical work experience in cardiovascular sonography.
Preferred Work Experience
- Successful college level teaching experience in a CAAHEP accredited Sonography Program.
- More than three years non-teaching work experience as a Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer.
- Work experience teaching at a community college.
- In accordance with SACSCOC accreditation requirements, Associate or Associate of Applied Science degree in Cardiac Sonography. SACSCOC requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at http://www.austincc.edu/faculty/credentials/.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) in Adult and/or Pediatric Echocardiography through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International.
- Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Work is routinely performed in a classroom, laboratory, or clinical setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues.
- Ability to demonstrate and use diagnostic sonography equipment, and processes.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT or RVS).
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.