Program Specialist - Global Education and Training (A1700344)
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Illinois International Programs
Program Specialist, Global Education and Training
12 months, 100%
Coordinate, plan and implement education and training programs for international business executives, university students, and high school students at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus.
- Develop, plan, and administer on-site management for Global Education and Training (GET), including: budget preparation and management, schedule preparation, housing arrangements, faculty and translator participation, seminars, field trips, cultural and social events.
- Provide on-site management of selected GET programs, ensuring efficient coordination of scheduled lectures and activities. Accompany groups on site visits to regional businesses and cultural activities in the surrounding region.
- On behalf of GET and the University of Illinois, act as a good-will ambassador for the visiting international executives and students.
- Represent GET and the University of Illinois with internal and external constituents. Meet with international guests in the United States and abroad.
- Design brochures and other marketing materials for GET, and regularly update GET social media accounts. Liaison to business leaders for program promotion.
- Serve as liaison to the Office of International Student and Scholar Services and other University of Illinois units.
- Supervisory duties including hiring, delegating, training, and evaluating GET translators/employees.
- Explore potential new field trip locations and seminar topics for GET and include these in upcoming programs where appropriate.
- Identify areas for growth and work with GET Director and Assistant Director to design new programs with current and potential partners, including assisting with writing proposals for sponsored programs.
This position reports to the Program Coordinator, GET who reports to the Assistant Director, GET who reports to the Director, GET who reports to the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost.
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities
- Bachelor degree
- 1-3 years of program coordinating experience
- Experience working with educational programming
- Experience working with University of Illinois faculty
- Experience working with executives/managers from large U.S. companies.
- Experience in budgeting/accounting
- Working familiarity with social media platforms
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to work well with people from other cultures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in an efficient and effective manner, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise flexibility and patience
Preferred Education, Experience, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in business, international studies, or related field
- Experience with executive education programs for international officials, managers, and administrators
- Knowledge of other cultures
- Fluency in a foreign language
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references by 6/22/17. Applicants are encouraged to specifically relate their backgrounds and experience to the requirements of the position as outlined above.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
507 E. Green St, Suite 404, MC-417
Champaign, IL 61820
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illinois International Programs/Global Education and Training
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Program Specialist - Global Education and Training (A1700344)
Open Date: 06/08/2017
Close Date: 06/22/2017
Organization Name: IPS Admin