Research Specialist - Children and Family Reserach Center (A1700348)
Children and Family Research Center
School of Social Work
The Children and Family Research Center (CFRC) at the School of Social Work at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking applications for a Research Specialist to join our organization. Established in 1996, the CFRC provides research, program evaluation, and data analytic services to public and private child welfare and other human service agencies in order to test innovations and reforms, provide feedback to administrators and policy-makers, and improve child and family outcomes. CFRC researchers work closely and collaboratively with public agency partners at the state and national level to improve the lives of vulnerable children and families.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Research Specialist will work within a team environment to perform research and evaluation activities that enhance the child welfare and related human service fields, inform state and/or federal policy and practice, and contribute to scientific knowledge about child and family services. The Research Specialist will perform a range of research activities that may include:
- Completing and updating IRB applications
- Designing survey instruments
- Collecting primary data through surveys, interviews, and focus groups
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Writing and submitting reports to funders as required
- Presenting research findings to agency administrators and community stakeholders
- Presenting research findings at academic conferences
- Writing scholarly articles for publication in academic journals
- Participating in grant applications
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A Master's in a social science field is required; a PhD is strongly preferred.
- At least 4 years professional research experience, with particular expertise in research methodology and advanced statistical analysis is required.
- Proficiency in SAS, SPSS, or other data analytic software is required.
- Background in child welfare research, as evidenced by an understanding of national and/or state child welfare policy and practice and knowledge of existing child welfare research, is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience using state or federal child welfare databases is preferred.
- Ability to communicate research and evaluation findings to a variety of audiences both orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to contribute to scholarly literature as demonstrated by recently published manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This is a 12-month academic professional position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. To ensure full consideration complete applications must be submitted by June 29, 2017. The start date will be as soon as possible after the close of the search. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinos.edu and upload a cover letter, resume, and the name, address, and phone numbers of three references.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Jaime Waymouth at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also visit https://cfrc.illinois.edu/ for information about the CFRC.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: School of Social Work
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Research Specialist - Children and Family Reserach Center (A1700348)
Open Date: 06/08/2017
Organization Name: School of Social Work