Senior Research Specialist - Children and Family Research Center (A1700349)
Senior Research Specialist
Children and Family Research Center
School of Social Work
The Children and Family Research Center (CFRC) at the School of Social Work at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking applications for a Senior Research Specialist to join our organization. Established in 1996, the CFRC provides research, program evaluation, and data analytic services to public and private child welfare and other human service agencies in order to test innovations and reforms, provide feedback to administrators and policy-makers, and improve child and family outcomes. CFRC researchers work closely and collaboratively with public agency partners at the state and national level to improve the lives of vulnerable children and families.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Research Specialist will:
- Lead an independent program of research on a range of topics relevant to child welfare and family functioning.
- Collaborate with CFRC staff to design high quality, innovative, and policy-relevant research studies.
- Work with the CFRC Director to ensure that the CFRC remains on the forefront of best practices in research, data analytics, translation, and impact.
- Provide strategic leadership to identify and apply for policy-relevant research and funding opportunities.
- Consult with policy-makers, agency administrators and staff, philanthropic organizations, and community groups to develop new areas of inquiry and translate research findings into actionable recommendations.
- Serve as a team leader and supervise junior researchers and graduate students affiliated with the CFRC.
- Actively disseminate research findings through academic journal publications, research reports and briefs targeted toward agency administrators and professionals, and presentations at local, state, national, and international conferences.
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- A PhD in a social science field is required.
- At least 10 years professional research experience.
- Proven success in conceiving and maintaining an independent program of research as demonstrated by state, federal, or private foundation funding.
- Experience partnering with agency, community, and policy stakeholders in the development of research studies.
- Experience managing and prioritizing the work of multiple levels of staff working on multiple and complex research projects.
- Experience supervising and mentoring research staff.
- Expertise in research methodology and advanced statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in SAS, SPSS, or other data analytic software.
This is a full-time (100%), twelve month non-tenure track academic professional position. The position is grant-funded and renewal is contingent upon availability of funds. The selected applicant will report to the CFRC Director. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The proposed start date is as soon as possible after the closing date.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your resume, a cover letter and the names and email addresses of three professional references by June 29, 2017. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Jaime Waymouth at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also visit http://www.CFRC.illinois.edu for additional information.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: School of Social Work
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Senior Research Specialist - Children and Family Research Center (A1700349)
Open Date: 06/08/2017
Organization Name: School of Social Work