STRATEGIC SERVICES ASSOCIATE
STRATEGIC SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Anesthesiology-Bus & Sup Svcs
Reports to: Executive Vice Chair, Department of Anesthesiology
Full scope project management for all perioperative and academic initiatives led by the Executive Vice Chair within the department of Anesthesiology. Plan, coordinate and administer timelines for a variety of complex initiatives and exercise supervision over the Staff Assistant helping to manage the perioperative and academic projects.
Project Management Duties
Collaborate with anesthesiologists, surgeons, APPs, nurses,dietitians, CMAs, front desk staff,schedulers, clinic administrators to develop perioperative optimization workflows to address modifiable surgical risk factors such as anemia, diabetes, and malnutrition.
- Translate the goals of the optimization programs into operational plans (evaluate scope of project and desired outcomes, determine key stakeholders to involve, identify potential changes in clinical and scheduling workflows, work with Epic/Data Analyst to consider IT and data needs, establish time lines and responsibilities for implementation, work with groups across health system to successfully drive these tasks to completion.
- Lead meetings with diverse groups of stakeholders; guide group towards consensus.
- Maintain knowledge of perioperative workflows and the complexity of coordination;shadow and interview clinical stakeholders to better understand specific processes.
- Help devise and execute implementation strategy for preoperative optimization clinics.
- Communicate project goals clearly and at the appropriate level for intended audience.
- Create slide decks and present to clinical and operational stakeholders.
- Provide frequent updates on the status of multiple projects to department leadership.
- Develop, manage, and communicate project plans and important timelines
Research Assistant Duties
- Conduct literature reviews of medical journals to research existing data and practices
- Work with physicians and clinical staff to determine data needed to evaluate clinical impact of POET programs; work with Data Analyst to evaluate appropriate data sources
- Perform manual chart reviews in Epic for clinical, financial, and demographic data that is not currently or easily available from Performance Services/Anesthesia IT.
- Analyze data,maintain and create appropriate graphs and charts using Excel.
- Write abstracts and contribute to data collection and analysis and writing and editing of manuscripts for academic journals.
- Prepare and present posters of abstracts for academic meetings.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
1655 STRATEGIC SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Business related field.
Work requires a minimum of three years of related business/administration experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Strong interpersonal skills: communicate appropriately and effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the health system, listen to concerns, be open to and ask for feedback.
- Team Oriented: collaborate with team members with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Project management experience: communicate and manage timelines and priorities.
- Detail-Oriented: ability to know when more information is needed/ask for clarity.
- Vision-Driven: synthesize knowledge of perioperative medicine with existing and future health system initiatives to generate ideas for future optimization and implementation.
- Clinical Interest: consider effect on patients, physicians, clinical staff, hospital system.
- Creativity: ability to think outside the box, adapt to a constantly-evolving landscape.
- Critical Thinking Skills: understand impact of decisions or timelines on project goals,make connections between multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to spot red flags and escalate potential issues or concerns before they occur.
- Initiative: take the lead on tasks and responsibilities with minimal guidance/direction.
- Microsoft Word, PPT, Visio experience- Intermediate Excel Knowledge.
- Basic statistics/data analysis.
- Research and writing experience.
- Epic experience would be helpful.
- Clinical background/experience would be helpful.
- Knowledge of IT operational processes an added plus.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.