Perioperative Business Analyst.
Program Analyst for Perioperative Medicine
Anesthesiology-Bus & Sup Svcs
Job description has been amended.
The Program Analyst for Perioperative Medicine will perform full scope project management for all perioperative and academic initiatives led by the Executive Vice Chair within the department of Anesthesiology. Plan, coordinate and administer timelines for a variety of complex initiatives and exercise supervision over the Staff Assistant helping to manage the perioperative and academic projects. The Program Analyst will be responsible for full-cycle business process documentation, data capture and analysis and academic research.
Project Management Duties
- Collaborate with anesthesiologists, surgeons, APPs, nurses, dietitians, CMAs, front desk staff, schedulers, clinic administrators to develop perioperative optimization workflows to address modifiable surgical risk factors such as anemia, diabetes, and malnutrition
- Translate the goals of the optimization programs into operational plans (evaluate scope of project and desired outcomes, determine key stakeholders to involve, identify potential changes in clinical and scheduling workflows, work with Epic/Data Analyst to consider IT and data needs, establish timelines and responsibilities for implementation, work with groups across health system to successfully drive these tasks to completion)
- Lead meetings with diverse groups of stakeholders; guide group towards consensus
- Maintain knowledge of perioperative workflows and the complexity of coordination; shadow and interview clinical stakeholders to better understand specific processes
- Help devise and execute implementation strategy for preoperative optimization clinics
- Communicate project goals clearly and at the appropriate level for intended audience
- Create slide decks and present to clinical and operational stakeholders
- Provide frequent updates on the status of multiple projects to department leadership
- Develop, manage, and communicate project plans and important timelines
- Using a robust set of electronic tools (e.g. Tableau, MS Visio/Excel/Project/PowerPoint, etc.), work with key stakeholders to translate established current and future business processes, clinical care pathways, clinical outcomes, and other information into complex, detailed models, charts, graphs, and diagrams.
- Create other diagrams and models as needed for use in communication to anesthesiologists, surgeons, APPs, and other internal and external stakeholder groups and/or for publications, research and teaching activities, medical papers, etc.
Research Assistant Duties
- Conduct literature reviews of medical journals to research existing data and practices
- Work with physicians and clinical staff to determine data needed to evaluate clinical impact of POET programs; work with Data Analyst to evaluate appropriate data sources
- Perform manual chart reviews in Epic for clinical, financial, and demographic data that is not currently or easily available from Performance Services/Anesthesia IT
- Write abstracts and contribute to data collection and analysis and writing and editing of manuscripts for academic journals
- Collaborate with all perioperative stakeholders to prepare posters of abstracts for academic meetings
- Perform routine and ad hoc data reporting.
- Partner with Performance Services/Anesthesia IT to develop useful data dashboards; intelligently and creatively display data in a way that information can be useful to and easily and quickly grasped by stakeholders.
- Analyze data and synthesize into clear, relevant, and visually appealing materials by developing graphs, reports, and presentations to be used by project manager(s) and key perioperative stakeholders for strategic and programmatic decision making.
- Ensure high quality data is collected in order to be used in analysis. Continually verify integrity of the data.
- Perform analysis of information using various statistical methods using programs to see patterns in data. Identify, analyze, and interpret the trends or patterns found in data sets.
- Ensure that policies governing data management are met, including security and privacy.
1655 STRATEGIC SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Business related field.
Work requires a minimum of three years of related business/administration experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Strong interest in and experience with electronic tools (e.g. Tableau, MS Visio/PowerPoint/Excel, etc.)
- Ability to generate charts, models, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to navigate electronic databases
- Ability to synthesize data
- Understanding of basic statistics, data analysis, related tools
- Strong interpersonal skills - Communicate appropriately and effectively with stakeholders at all levels of organizational responsibility
- Self-awareness - Listen to concerns, be open to and ask for feedback, understands when to ask for help, etc.
- Team-oriented and collaborative - Work with team members with diverse professional backgrounds and career objectives
- Interest in health care
- Research and writing experience would be helpful but not required
- EPIC experience would be helpful but not required
- Clinical background/experience would be helpful but not required
- Knowledge of IT operational processes an added plus
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.