LAB RESEARCH ANALYST, SENIOR - ORTHO
LAB RESEARCH ANALYST, SENIOR - ORTHO
Assists in the administration and coordination of the technical activities of a scientific research laboratory. Assist the Scientific/Research Laboratory personnel in managing research projects, developing and administering budgets, schedules, performance metrics, and maintaining protocols and approvals. Serve as an advisor to Research Associates, Lab Analysts, and Lab Technicians insuring standard operating procedures and protocols are maintained and applied.
- Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Confer with principal investigator(S) and senior lab members in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication.
- Develop and implement laboratory policies and procedures. Manage and coordinate operational policies and procedures; coordinate with research staff on issues which impact laboratory functions.
- Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities.
- Advise on technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
- Collect information and data through observation, experimentation and various other methods, to include operating highly technical laboratory instruments and equipment. Prepare tissue and specimens for complex procedures, and devise experimental techniques for tests and analyses.
- Assist in formulating and implementing the short and long-range goals for the operation of the laboratory.
- Project future needs and formulate strategies consistent with projections. Manage and coordinate the activities of a project(s) with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and laboratory resources required; coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in the laboratory.
- Prepare technical reports reflecting volume of work, procedures utilized and test results; coordinate the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Plan and conduct meetings with laboratory personnel to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Represent the laboratory in interactions with other departments.
- Assure the researchers, laboratory technicians and analysts are properly trained in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and equipment specific requirements.
- Acts as the acting Lab Manager. Provide guidance as requested regarding hiring and training for technical personnel.
- Supervise, train and instruct residents, interns, students or lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures. Conduct a variety of complex and independent investigations in the planning, development and implementation of original experimental procedures and specialized laboratory techniques in the analysis of materials under experimentation.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
2466 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST, SENIOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in biology or other directly related scientific field.
Work requires five years of research experience. A related master's degree may substitute for three years of the required experience. Must have previous experience managing and leading projects. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.