Instructional Technology Specialist
Instructional Technology Specialist
Position Number: 53068900
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/25/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Instructional Technology Specialist. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist faculty with instructional technology needs and resources at the Dahlonega campus. This position requires the understanding of assistive technology and national accessibility standards, practices, and guidelines. The Instructional Technology Specialist is responsible for identifying and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the W3C WCAG 2.0 standards as well as compliance with ADA, Section 508, and other accessibility related laws for courses and programs.The Instructional Technology Specialist manages compliance to State Authorization regulations.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Instructional Technology Specialist will:
- Coordinate closed-captioning services including processing requests, assigning to students/temporary workers, verifying copyright, and communicating with instructors.
- Train and support faculty in the use of the media streaming solutions, primarily through the Kaltura platform, and its use in teaching based on principles of instructional design.
- Maintain a list of all state authorization regulations and status for each state. Work with offices of undergraduate and graduate admissions, and registrar to ensure state authorization regulations are applied.
- Contribute to the DETI Sharepoint website with emphasis on instructional technology applications and training.
- Provide training and technical support with desktop videoconferencing using Black Board Collaborate.
- Assist faculty & staff with development of multimedia educational materials and the creation of alternative media formats.
- Stays up-to-date with new laws related to the accessibility of course content, and state authorization regulations. Maintains and updates information on the DETI website related to state authorization regulations.
- Assist faculty in graphics editing and production, PDF file conversions, and video editing and production.
- Assist with the review of online courses to meet delivery standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with Windows and Mac platforms; Video Editing Software: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Compressor, Adobe Premiere Pro, AfterEffects.
- Has to have knowledge of video and audio production (recording, editing, and file compression).
- Image manipulation: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience with HTML editing tools: Dreamweaver; SoftChalk
- Knowledge of Content Management System: D2L. Knowledge of media streaming platforms: Kaltura. Knowledge on Virtual Classrooms: Blackboard, Citrix, Adobe platforms
- Have some knowledge of close captioning software tools like Movie Captioner
- Work without close supervision
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in media production, digital media, graphic design, or instructional technology, or equivalent experience of multiple years.
- Two (2) years of experience preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated understanding of the use of media for instruction and media production
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.