Online Student Success Advisor
Online Student Success Advisor
Position Number: 53068221
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 06/25/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Online Student Success Advisor. The Online Student Success Advisor serves students by providing information about online learning opportunities and resources. Provides assistance in the development and delivery of exceptional student services by engaging, and providing proactive advising/success coaching. Assists in the implementation of various student support initiatives designed to serve online students for successful completion of online courses and degree programs. Provide online students with easily accessible and appropriate support. Monitors and evaluates support program utilization. This position will serve the needs of the Gainesville and Oconee campuses.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Online Student Success Advisor will:
- Serve as an eCore Liaison and Academic Advisor to online students.
- Support faculty with student matters related to online program issues, student participation, engagement, and other areas as appropriate.
- Inform and coordinate with technical and course support staff to monitor patterns in requests for assistance and identify opportunities to improve student experience.
- Contact new students to establish and maintain communication and support. Communicate opportunities and news to students, including deadlines, resources, and online program news.
- Provide information regarding online courses, programs, and available services to students, administrators, staff, instructors, program directors, and advisors to promote online enrollment.
- Assist students with course registration (adds, drops, and withdrawals). Assists students with troubleshooting registration issues (pre-requisites, holds, status, etc.).
- Use Banner to schedule eCore courses, audit eCore, and UNG Online courses.
- Regularly monitors student participation and enrollment behavior; communicates with non-participating students to offer support and encourage engagement. In collaboration with the instructors, monitors and tracks at-risk and probationary students to ensure student success.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Excellent Interpersonal and team work skills
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, work without supervision, multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in an academic environment, knowledge of learning management applications, multimedia development tools
- Experience with a course management system such as BrightSpace (D2L)
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Experience in student services / advising required
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.