Working Title: Data Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 04-10-2017
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is seeking a highly skilled and dynamic individual to be a data analyst. Incumbent is essential to data analytics and providing support to Department operations. Incumbent collects, compiles, analyzes, and summarizes data, as well as determines reporting needs to support Departmental administrative, financial, quality assurance, and other activities. Incumbent oversees routine, secondary, and/or moderately-sized projects and may assemble teams, develop project schedules, and determine and acquire resources needed. Incumbent is responsible for project management, including scope requirements, and serves as a liaison between team members and management.
A Bachelor's degree in business management, project management, healthcare, or related fields is required. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Qualified candidates must have at least two years of experience working with data, database systems, and/or project management experience.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on continuation of funds.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply information and provide advice.
2. Working knowledge of data management. Ability to analyze and present information.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to clearly articulate specific information.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Provide direct support to leaders, as needed. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
5. Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of various database and software programs. Can interpret information and apply to daily work.
6. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81595