Administrative Support Supervisor - Contributing
Position Number 998917
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Sup
Functional Title Administrative Support Supervisor - Contributing
Position Type Administration - Staff
Internal Posting, Only UNCG SHRA/EHRA Employees Will be Considered For This Position
The Office of the University Registrar connects students to the faculty, curriculum, and classroom on a continuum of service from enrollment to graduation and beyond. This office maintains and updates academic record, curriculum, course and classroom data, maintains and updates online degree evaluations, tracks degree progress and certifies graduation, issues with diplomas, and official publications including The Undergraduate Bulletin, and coordinates the University's two commencement ceremonies.
The Office of the University Registrar is currently seeking qualified candidate to consider for an Administrative Support Supervisor position.
The primary purpose of the position:
- Manage all Registration Forms
- Train and coach staff we well as assist with the development and testing processes within the office.
- Supervise front desk operations
- Manage data using a variety of computer tools/applications
- Document/create policies, guidelines and step by step instructions associated with the Registration process
- Additional duties, when necessary, as assigned by University Registrar.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY AND TWO YEARS OF PROGRESSIVELY RESPONSIBLE ADMINISTRATIVE/OFFICE MANAGER EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING SOME EXPERIENCE AS A LEAD WORKER; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE.
One to two years experience in a registration office. The successful candidate should have increasingly progressive responsibility.
Verbal and written skills should be well developed, as well as finely honed interpersonal communication skills.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $29,493 - $33900
Org #-Department University Registrar's Office - 10204
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M - 5 P.M, Monday - Friday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Contributing
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Interpersonal Skills—Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with others in order to encourage and support communication and teamwork.
Training—Ability to provide employees with the knowledge, skills and abilities to accomplish work and provide career development opportunities.
Open Date 06/08/2017
Close Date 06/24/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 59
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * In order to be considered for this position, you must currently be employed at UNCG on a permanent basis. Are you currently a permanent employee at UNCG?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu