School of Business Adjunct Instructors Pool
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000146
Job Title School of Business Adjunct Instructors Pool
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor to teach in the School of Business.
UNT Dallas - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Qualified individuals are being sought to establish a pool of readily available talented persons from which these vacancies can be filled as they occur. The adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching undergraduate courses. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching and student success.
UNT Dallas is hiring for the following positions to begin in the Fall 2015 semester or the Spring 2016 semester.
- Business Computer Information Systems
- Business Law
- Decision Sciences
- General Business
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Real Estate
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
- Master's Degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching area.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Teacher education, state certification in subject matter or administration for education positions*
- Bilingual (Spanish) for all Bilingual education positions **
- Terminal degree in the discipline or a closely related discipline
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate courses.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff and faculty.
- Bilingual skills for positions in EC-6 Bilingual program***
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Ms. Dena Hale at Dena.Hale@untdallas.edu
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Graduate transcript
- Post graduate transcript