Senior Project Manager
Requisition Number STA - 201000000483
Job Title Senior Project Manager
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of Senior Project Manager.
This position will be located in Downtown Dallas. This position is responsible for the coordination of real estate items, planning, design, and the execution of construction and major renovation projects for the campuses that comprise the University of North Texas System. The employee may provide supervision for one Project Manager as determined by departmental workloads. Work is performed under the supervision of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Design & Construction.
With a staff of 20 architects, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, this office provides professional planning and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects.
These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students, the System Facilities Planning and Construction Office implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
This position is responsible for the coordination of real estate items, planning, design and the execution of construction and major renovation projects for the campuses that comprise the University of North Texas System.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and monitors project development to ensure meeting project goals, UNT System standards, and code compliance.
- Directs the RFQ and RFP processes for selection and approval of professional service providers and prepares final work agreement.
- Represents UNTS at local, regional, and state agency meetings when directed.
- Coordinates and conducts administrative and personnel duties as necessary.
- Ensures that campus-wide reviews are conducted at the end of each design phase and that a detailed technical review of final construction drawings and specifications is conducted within the time allotted by the approved schedule.
- Coordinates, supervises, and reviews work of consultants engaged to serve UNT System in the development of its physical facilities.
- Assists with the preparation of proposed project budgets and maintains approved budgets through completion of the project.
- Performs other job related duties as required or assigned by the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Design & Construction.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree; registered architect or interior designer in the State of Texas and five years of progressively responsible experience in facilities design, construction, and maintenance, preferably with experience related to campus planning, design and construction; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, or training which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of architectural projects from inception through completion with an emphasis on working knowledge of implementing design from concept through construction.
- Knowledge of construction types, delivery methods, and the advantages of each in an educational setting.
- Expertise in the development and implementation of construction projects on a university campus within designated budgets and time frames.
- Strong project management skills with knowledge of facility management principles and practices in a higher education setting.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, building accessibility requirements, contract language applicable to the construction industry, and applicable relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of sustainability practices and development of newer sustainability strategies.
- Strong management, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and have demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or closely related field strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience managing major construction projects.
- Demonstrated success in architectural design or planning on projects for institutions of higher education.
- Registered architect strongly preferred.
Eight years progressively responsible experience preferred.
- Master's Degree, preferably in Architecture or closely related field.
- Experience related to campus planning, design, and construction.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit, Sketch-up, Adobe Suite including Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? Yes
Monday - Friday 8 A.m. - 5 p.m.
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Start Date 04/07/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
This position will be located in Downtown Dallas.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess a valid Texas Drivers License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment?
- * Are you a registered architect or interior designer in the State of Texas?
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * Please indicate the number of years of progressively responsible experience in facilities design and construction (preferably with experience related to campus planning, design and construction) you have.
- No Response
- Less than 1
- At least 1 but less than 2
- At least 2 but less than 3
- At least 3 but less than 4
- At least 4 but less than 5
- At least 5 but less than 6
- At least 6 but less than 7
- At least 7 but less than 8
- At least 8 but less than 9
- At least 9 but less than 10
- At least 10 but less than 11
- At least 11 but less than 12
- 12 years or more
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)