Financial Operations Manager
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $66,800
The ASUCR Financial Operations Manager is responsible for the financial management and advisement of a $2.500,00 budget and reserves for the Associated Students department and divisions including the Highlander Newspaper, the Graduate Student Association and various clubs and organizations. Position assesses year-to-date and projects future income and expenses in a complex and multi-fund environment and provides financial management support, interpretation, recommendations and analysis to the budget holders and the Vice President of Finance to benefit the interests of the student body. Works in conjunction with the elected student officials of the Associated Students, and is responsible for providing oversight and advisement in regards to financial controls necessary to maintain sound business practices that are consistent with university policies and procedures as well as the ASUCR Constitution and Bylaws.
Ability to effectively analyze and interpret departmental policies, financial information, procedures manuals, bylaws, and constitution on an ongoing basis, and make updates (or suggestions for updates) as needed for ratification by student government.
Ability to prepare comprehensive financial reports and in-depth analysis using spreadsheets, Word, Access, Excel or other applications for sensitive, multi-faceted, political or referenda-based purposes.
Skill in accurate, organized record and file keeping with strict attention to detail.
Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to identify relevant concerns, identify patterns or tendencies, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and communicate/disseminate findings to staff and essential officers of student departments .
Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with student leaders and staff within the campus community.
Proficiency in use of common desktop/web applications.
Advanced skill in the practical application of fractions, percentages, and thorough knowledge of credits and debits.
Knowledge of Fund Accounting, General Ledger, Balance Sheets, Chart of Accounts, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and University financial policies, as well as IRS and State regulations governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
Interpersonal skills, service orientation, ability to multi-task effectively in a varied, high volume environment, judgment and decision-making, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Working knowledge of financial transactions and financial systems, as well as related policy, accounting and regulatory compliance requirements.
Working knowledge of UC online Payroll/Personnel System (PPS), UCR Financial System (UCRFS), Student Information System (Banner) and R'Space programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview