Lecturer of Digital Media Production (Fall 2017)
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000211
Job Title Lecturer of Digital Media Production (Fall 2017)
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for a full-time Lecturer position in Communication and Technology, beginning Fall 2017. The successful candidate will be expected to achieve excellence in teaching and to assist in further development of the UNTD Communication and Technology Department, which offers the B.A. degree with tracks in digital production, strategic communication, communication studies, and sports communication. This new faculty member will assist in developing curricula, service and experiential learning opportunities, academic and community partnerships, and production internships in nonprofit, media, and for-profit sectors throughout the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience in radio production and can advise student radio initiatives at UNT Dallas.
The Communication and Technology program currently includes a Speaking Center and online student radio station. The university will complete a new academic building in October 2018, which will feature a 6,000 square-foot media production suite and second radio station. We seek to develop a high-quality media production program that teaches students the tools, technologies, and creative strategies of web design, cross-platform writing, social media, video production, digital photography, and audio production. It is our goal to build a state-of-the-art Communication and Technology Department in one of the country's premier media markets, providing training, networking, and direct access to jobs for our graduates.
This position is responsible for teaching four (4) courses per semester. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in such service activities as curriculum development, online course development, student recruiting and advising, program assessment, project development, program leadership, and committee leadership.
As a young university in a growing sector of Dallas, UNTD is committed to academic excellence, community engagement, and student success. Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 to 3,020 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas is part of the University of North Texas System, which also includes UNT Denton and the UNT Health Sciences Center. The UNT Dallas College of Law, located on the UNT System's downtown campus, began instruction in Fall 2014. The university is fully committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and student body. For more information about UNT Dallas, please visit our website at http://www.unt.edu/dallas.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
• M.A./M.S. in communication, screenwriting, television production, sports communication, or other closely related field
• Evidence or demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching
• Demonstrated experience in teaching undergraduate courses in multimedia production, including video production, web design, media writing, social media, digital photography, or audio production
• Experience or demonstrated potential for building and supervising student media entities
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ph.D. in Communication or other closely related field; or MFA in digital production, screenwriting, or other closely related field
• Experience in curriculum development and online teaching
• Experience in developing and implementing service learning and experiential learning in curricular and co-curricular settings
• Experience in professional communication, such as media production, journalism, or strategic communication
• Academic experience working on a university campus with a culturally diverse population
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit CV; letter of application outlining the applicant's interest, qualifications, and experience for the position; contact information for three professional references; and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Michelle Baptiste at Michelle.Baptiste@untdallas.edu or by calling 972-338-1501. Questions can also be directed to Dr. Glenda Balas, Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences, at 972-338-1526 or Glenda.Balas@unt.edu. Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested. Skype interviews of semi-finalists may be conducted. Finalists will be required to present a job talk and teaching demonstration.
For best consideration, applications should be received by March 1, 2017.
Position will remain open until filled.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in communication, screenwriting, television production, sports communication, or other closely related field?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Teaching philosophy
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teacher certification
- Post graduate transcript
More searches like this
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Arts & Humanities
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Fine & Performing Arts
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Education
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Child Development & Family Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Professional Fields