Lecturer of Information Technology (Fall 2017)
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000213
Job Title Lecturer of Information Technology (Fall 2017)
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for a full-time lecturer in Information Technology beginning August 2017. The successful candidate will be expected to achieve excellence in teaching and to assist in further development of the UNTD Mathematics and Information Sciences Department. UNT Dallas offers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university.
This position is responsible for teaching four (4) courses per regular semester. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in such service activities as curriculum development, online course development, student recruiting and advising, program assessment, project development, program leadership, and committee leadership.
UNT Dallas offers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university with a linguistically and culturally diverse student body. As a young university in a growing sector of Dallas, UNTD is committed to academic excellence, community engagement, and student success. Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 to 3,020 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas is part of the University of North Texas System, which also includes UNT Denton and the UNT Health Sciences Center. The UNT Dallas College of Law, located on the UNT System's downtown campus, began instruction in Fall 2014. The university is fully committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and student body. For more information about UNT Dallas, please visit our website at http://www.unt.edu/dallas.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit- and takes actions to prevent- discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related discipline
• Evidence or demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to teach a variety of courses in Computer Science at all
• Interest or experience in development/delivery of online courses
• Academic experience working on a university campus with a culturally
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 09/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit CV; letter of application outlining the applicant's interest, qualifications, and experience for the position; contact information for three professional references; statement of teaching philosophy and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://untdallas.peopleadmin.com/. Skype 10.2.14 interviews of semi-finalists may be conducted. Finalists will be required to present a teaching demonstration. For additional information, contact Dr. Ali Shaqlaih, Program Coordinator for the Math & Information Sciences Department, at Ali.Shaqlaih@untdallas.edu.
For best consideration, applications should be received by March 12, 2017.
Position will remain open until filled.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Do you have a PH.D. in Computer Science or closely related discipline?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- PhD or other Doctoral Degree
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Post graduate transcript
More searches like this
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Arts & Humanities
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Education
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Child Development & Family Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Science & Technology