Requisition Number STA - 201000000480
Job Title Registrar
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Registrar.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The Registrar has line responsibility for the operation of the Registrar's Office including planning, budgeting, organizing, managing, and assessing student records, graduation, degree audit, registration, schedule of classes, classroom scheduling, certification, transcript production, and internal, state and federal reporting functions for the University in support of its mission. The Registrar reports to the Provost, serves on various university committees, and is responsible for appropriate administration of academic policy.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintenance and security of student academic records and for ensuring University policies, procedures and regulations that relate to this area are properly administered.
- Acts as final authority for assuring that graduation candidates meet all university requirements of a degree.
- Responsible for assuring accuracy and timely delivery of official transcripts.
- Responsible for development of the university academic calendar.
- Responsible for managing publication of catalogs and schedule of classes.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading the University's academic information infrastructures.
- Develops, refines, and documents processes and procedures in the students records area.
- Oversees and prepares annual operating and proposed budgets in accordance with university planning priorities.
- Organizes staff and fiscal resources in support of priorities and workload demands.
- Assesses the effectiveness of processes and functions and strives for continuous improvement.
- Responds to externally mandated local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with academic and administrative areas of the University to provide support processes/functions necessary to maintain an excellent standard of services related to student record for students, faculty, staff and external client
- Works closely with the Office of Student Access and Success to serve students in a seamless manner.
- Hires, trains, monitors, and conducts scheduled evaluations of the work performance of employees supervised.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and six years of closely related professional experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Extensive knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions.
- Must exercise considerable independent and professional judgment in matters of significance.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 03/31/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- * Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher?
- * Do you have six years of experience in related professional field?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)