Adjunct Instructor Spanish
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000151
Job Title Adjunct Instructor Spanish
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor Spanish.
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
The essential job duties includes: teaching classes in appropriate instructional area; participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations; comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes; attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; as well as effectively communicate with appropriate staff and chair.
As a young university in a growing sector of Dallas, UNTD is committed to academic excellence, community engagement, and student success. Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 to 2,300 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas is part of the University of North Texas System, which also includes UNT Denton and the UNT Health Sciences Center. The UNT Dallas College of Law, located on the UNT System's downtown campus, begun instruction in Fall 2014. The university is fully committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and student body. For more information about UNT Dallas, please visit our website at
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Hispanic Linguistics or Literature with outstanding teaching experience in Spanish lower-level courses.
- Native or near native proficiency in Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate students in a learning-centered environment.
- Able to teach Spanish following a communicative approach.
- Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in teaching online and using different course management programs.
- Knowledge of heritage speaker's pedagogy.
- Willing and able to teach day or evening classes.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 01/12/2015
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a professional CV; letter of application outlining applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position; contact information of three professional references and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. Maria Ciriza at Maria.Ciriza-Lope@unt.edu or by calling 972-338-1540. Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teaching philosophy