Physics Adjunct Instructor Pool
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000173
Job Title Physics Adjunct Instructor Pool
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Physics Adjunct Instructor.
The number vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
Adjunct faculty plans classes and implements and evaluates teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes. Adjunct faculty undertakes the divisional and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours. The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in for General Physics for Majors I and II, General Physics for Majors Laboratory I & II, as well as Conceptual Physics and Conceptual Physics Laboratory for non-majors.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
• A Master's degree in Physics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level Physics courses OR
• Master's degree in Science Education with at least 18 graduate hours in Physics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses.
• Ph.D. in physics with significant experience in education.
• Successful experience teaching adults in a post-secondary institution.
• Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings.
• Experience teaching and developing online courses.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to support the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a professional CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information of three professional references and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. Aubrey Frantz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have a Master's degree in the required or related field?
- Cover Letter
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teaching philosophy
- PhD or other Doctoral Degree