Part-time Mathematics Adjunct Instructors Pool
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000126
Job Title Part-time Mathematics Adjunct Instructors Pool
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Mathematics Adjunct Instructor.
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
Adjunct faculty plans classes and implements and evaluates teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes. Adjunct faculty undertakes the divisional and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours. The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of Mathematics courses, including Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Elementary Statistics, College Algebra, Business Calculus and Pre-calculus.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
- A Master's degree in Mathematics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses.
- Master's degree in Math Education with at least 18 graduate hours in Mathematics with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower level math courses.
- Ph.D/Ed.D in Math Education which includes 18 graduate hours in Mathematics or Ph.D in Mathematics with significant experience in Education.
- Successful experience teaching adults in a post-secondary institution
- Successful career in public Education.
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a professional CV; letter of application outlining applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position; contact information of three professional references and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. Ali Shaqlaih at Ali.Shaqlaih@untdallas.edu or by calling 972-338-1569. Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
University of North Texas at Dallas is an AA/ADA/EOE
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Post graduate transcript