Public Leadership Adjunct Instructor
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000166
Job Title Public Leadership Adjunct Instructor
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Public Leadership Adjunct Instructor.
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
Adjunct instructors plan classes and implement and evaluate teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes. An adjunct instructor undertakes the school and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours. The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of courses within UNT Dallas's Master of Science in Public Leadership program, including:
• Legal Issues in Public Service
• Community Advocacy
• Public Personnel Management
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
• Strategic Planning in Public and Nonprofit Organizations
• Community/Economic Development
• Program Evaluation/Policy Analysis
• Grant Writing & Fundraising
• Data Analytics/Decision-Making
• Leading and Managing Public Organizations
Adjunct faculty members will be required to use texts and meet certain content parameters set by the Department of Public Leadership. Adjunct instructors also will be required to include in their courses certain student assessment measures determined by the department, and to compile data on those assessment criteria. Additional information about course design, assessment criteria and texts can be obtained from Dr. Larry D. Terry II at email@example.com
UNT Dallas-the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city of Dallasoffers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university.
Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 students to 2300 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas currently offers a range of courses leading to undergraduate degrees, and graduate courses leading to master's degrees. UNT Dallas, already among the most diverse universities in the nation, accepted its first freshman class in fall 2010. For more information about the university, go to: http://dallas.unt.edu/
UNT Dallas is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran's status.
- A Master's degree in Public/Nonprofit Administration, Public Affairs, Public Policy with at least 18 graduate hours in Public/Nonprofit Administration, Public Affairs, or Public Policy, and outstanding experience in teaching core-curriculum in an MPA/MPP program.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- PhD in Public Administration or Public Affairs with significant experience in higher education.
- Successful experience in teaching adults in a post-secondary institution;
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial graduate transcripts through https://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information contact Dr. Larry Terry II by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Research Interests
- Teaching philosophy