Synergy Outpatient Therapist
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry, Addiction Research and Treatment Services/Synergy
Position #00644130 - Requisition 09862
The Synergy adolescent component of Addiction Research and Treatment Services, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, seeks to fill a part-time .45 FTE outpatient therapist position in an office based substance abuse treatment program for adolescents. Synergy's main offices are located on the Ft. Logan campus, however Synergy has a satellite office at the Family Resource Pavilion (FRP) located at 9700 E. Easter Lane in Centennial. The outpatient therapist will provide office based individual therapy, group therapy and family therapy to adolescents who struggle with substance use at the FRP location. Utilizing evidenced based models such as Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), the therapist will work with the adolescent and their parents to prevent higher levels of care and further involvement in the juvenile justice system. In addition, the outpatient therapist will provide care coordination with other professionals involved with the youth, such as Human Services caseworkers, probation officers, GAL's, etc. Urinalysis screens are an essential component of substance abuse treatment, therefore this position also requires administering UA's to clients. This is an 18 hour per week position, with 2.5 days at FRP, hours will vary but most likely include a schedule of: 1 day (11-7); 1 day (12:30-6:30); 1 day (1:30-5:30)-Days of the week (Mon-Fri) are flexible. This is a new office/service for Synergy, so there is the potential to grow and increase percentage time.
Benefits are not included in this position due to the position being part-time.
University of Colorado Denver and ARTS is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. To ensure ARTS program integrity, prospective employees may be required to submit to pre-employment urine testing.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide individual therapy and family therapy to a caseload of up to 12 clients.
- Run a substance abuse group for adolescents.
- Participate in weekend on-call phone support rotation, which occurs once every 2.5 months.
- Balance job expectations around caseload, clinical contact and outcomes, and case management including paperwork.
- Provide clinical evaluations and/or intake pre-screenings to assess client qualifications and individual treatment needs and provide for appropriate treatment recommendations.
Note: This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shifts during emergency campus closures.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is 36,612 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
*Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree in human services or closely related field and
*Two (2) years of experience providing therapeutic or related services which included working with adolescents and families
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in human services or closely related field may substitute for the associate's degree and 1 year of experience.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree in human services or closely related field may substitute for the associate's degree and 2 years of experience.
Conditions of Employment:
* CAC II or higher. A MA, MSW, LCSW, LPC or MFT can substitute for the CAC requirement
* Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
* Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
*Master's Degree (or Master's candidate degree) in human services or closely related field. Bilingual and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Experience in treating substance abuse.
*Experience with multi-needs families, knowledge of adolescent issues, and protocol based research methods.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
• Experience using an Electronic Health Record
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Irene Arguelles at Irene.Arguelles@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Irene Arguelles
Posting Contact Email: Irene.Arguelles@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00644130