Production Services Professional
Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Essential Function of the Position
This position will primarily work first shift, with coverage for second and third shifts as needed.
- Serve as a technical professional to support production batch processing: resolve daily issues, build new processes as requested using Automic scripting, file transfers, monitoring processing, data security, and maintaining all aspects of a production environment.
- Ensure high-availability and stability of production environments
- Troubleshooting technical production issues
- Work independently and directly as a team member with other Production support and other IT departments
- Work closely with development teams to support their work efforts
- Develop thorough documentation for systems, processes, and procedures
- Follow change control processes
- Enhance existing and create new processes and procedures
- Participate in an on-call rotation and shift work as necessary
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers while developing positive customer relationships Creation and testing of job plans in Automic Migrations for all Enterprise Systems
Specific Job Responsibilities (with Percentage Weights)
Workflow creation and modification: 90%
Supervision Received and Exercised
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Production Services. This position does not supervise. This position is exempt from the Colorado classified system.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $45,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1+ year working in a service desk, call center, data processing center or other customer service environment
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Skype for Business, etc.)
More than 2 years experience in production services, including:
- UC4/Automic experience
- UNIX or Linux administration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Documentation for systems and processes/procedures
- Understanding of change control processes
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Those who do not apply by June 21, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by June 21, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00705166